Study Entry Phase for Refugees
The project intoSTUDY is a refugee integration initiative by the University of Applied Sciences and Arts Hannover.
It is designed with courses mainly from the MINT area (mathematics, computer science, natural sciences, technology), which will be taught in English, as well as provide enrollment in a German language course.
The goal of this project is to integrate refugees and other international students, after the completion of the project period, as a regular student in the University of Applied Sciences and Arts Hannover or another German University.
What the project offers
- Intensive German courses in the morning (up to level C1 and TestDaF)
- University courses in the afternoon in English (from the 2nd/3rd semester on in German)
- Daily Tutor sessions
- Computer labs during class time and self-study time
- Guidance counselling for careers and studies
- Application Training
- Empowerment courses
Semester Start: 1st of March
Application deadline: 1st of January
Also applications after 1st January can be considered, if still remaining places are to be assigned.
It is also possible to join the running project in winter term (start 1st September) if there are spots available.
Daily Schedule: In the morning German course and in the afternoon university classes in English from Monday to Friday. Tutorials available from 2:00 pm to 8:00 pm.
Location: Expo Plaza 12, Campus Expo Plaza, Hannover
Bismarckstraße 2, 30173 Hannover
Admission: around 40-60 participants per year
Application process: All you need to do to apply is send your CV to intostudy(at)hs-hannover.de. Then, you will be given an interview appointment.
What you´ll need:
- Participants in our project need to have a secondary school diploma from their home country (equal to the german Abitur) which qualifys for university admission
- Basic command of English is necessary
- You should be motivated to learn and seek academic studies at a German university
Participants will receive a guest student status. It is possible to receive proof of university entrance entitlement later on, if the requirements are met. With this, credits can be recognized for studying degree courses later on.
Here you can find information about recognizing foreign university certificates and language requirements for a regular program of study at University of Applied Sciences and Arts in Hannover.
Here you can see a typical schedule in the project. This is just an example and will differ in each semester.
Yellow: German class
Black: University classes
Green: Tutorials (attendance optional)
Funded by the DAAD from funds of the Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF)